Current Affairs Dated 30-10-2020
1. Gayle: first cricketer to smash 1,000 sixes in T20 cricket
Chris Gayle, who plays IPL for Kings XI Punjab - KXIP has become the first batsman to smash 1,000 sixes in the history of T20 cricket.
He acheived this on 30.10.2020 in a match against Rajasthan Royals - RR.
Who is Chris Gayle?
- Christopher Henry Gayle is a Jamaican cricketer who plays international cricket for the West Indies.
Whats the total score of Gayle's fours in T20 cricket?
- Gayle has hit 1,041 fours in T20 cricket.
2. Daniel Menaker passed away
Daniel Menaker, an author of fiction and non-fiction cum editor at The New Yorker and Random House passed away at the age of 79 on 30.10.2020
He has worked with people like Alice Munro, Salman Rushdie, Colum McCann and many others.
Awards won by Daniel Menaker : He won the O. Henry Award twice for his short stories.
3. PM inaugurates Arogya Van and Sardar Patel Zoological Park at Kevadia in Gujarat
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi while his two-day trip to Gujrat for the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on the 145thbirth anniversay of Sardar Patel on October 31, inaugurated Arogya Van, Sardar Patel Zoological Park, Ekta Mall, and Children Nutrition Park in Kevadia, Gujarat on 30.10.2020.
4. Yashvardhan K. Sinha: New Chief Information Commissioner
Former Foreign Service officer, Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha has been appointed as the new Chief Information Commissioner by the Government of India on 30.10.2020.
He was already working in the Information Commissioner.
Who was the Chairman of CIC before Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha?
- Bimal Zulka was the Chairman of CIC before Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha.
5. Uday Mahurkar: New Information Commissioner
On, 30.10.2020 Uday Mahurkar, a Marathi journalist, has been appointed for the post of Information Commissioner.
Uday Mahurkar worked as a deputy editor in India Today Group.
Some important works of Uday Mahurkar: He has written a book on Prime Minister Modi titled “Merging with a Billion” and “Center Stage: Inside Narendra Modi”.
6. India & Greece discussed ways to boost ties in trade and technology
On October 29.2020, The External Affairs Minister, S Jaishankar conducted a virtual meeting with the Foreign Minister of Greece, Nikos Dendias and they discussed building on both the nation’s historical friendship by enhancing cooperation on technology, commerce, and culture.
Main Topics covered India-Greece bilateral talks:
1. Building friendship between both the nations by enhancing cooperation on technology, commerce, and culture.
2. Both India and Greece will work closely in the multilateral domain.
7. Noida Authority collects ₹12.8lakh in 1 day
On 29.10.2020, The Noida Authority imposed total penalties on entities that were violationg the air pollution guidelines and surprisingly the collection of the pelanties on the very first day from the polluters amounted ₹12.85 lakhs.
8. Telangana launches EV & Energy Storage Policy
After Delhi, Telangana has launched it's 'Electric Vehicle and Energy Storage Policy' on 30.10.2020 which will be effective from 2020 to 2030.
More about the Policy: Under the policy, the Government will offer a 100% exemption of road tax and registration fee for the first two lakh electric two-wheelers purchased and registered within Telangana. First 5,000 electric 4-wheeler private vehicles.
9. Jio's net profit nearly triples to ₹2,884cr in Q2
During the July - September quarter, Reliance Jio posted almost three-fold jump in net profit to ₹2,844 crore against ₹990 crore in the previous year. The compnay's revenue from operations rose by 33% to ₹17,481 crore during the second quater from the previous year's ₹13,130 crore.
The subscriber base of Reliance Jio rose over to 40.5 crore.